Re: [opensuse-project] Clossing of old bugs
On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 18:59 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I have had several bugs closed withing minutes, with a copy pasted excuse,
because they are reported against 11.4 and 12.2 is coming.

This is demeaning!

Why on earth should I care and report bugs, if nobody is going even to read
them!

Carlos,

This was me closing them... no problem to state it.
Yes, I did close > 200 bugs that were reported against 11.2, 11.3 and
very few 11.4 (less critical ones) after verifying they are fixed in
12.2.

Do you in all honesty expect a maintenance update for fixing a bug in
11.2? No? Good.. the we agree on that.

The text also clearly stated: If you still see this happen on 12.2 (or
even 12.1) please report it back, and hopefully resources allow to
tackle it this time.

Would you have preferred the alternative of not touching the bugs as all
and keep them open? If so, please tell me and I'll do that... It will
not make a difference AT ALL, promise.

Still, I repeat it again: IF the problem is still there in a maintained
version, feel free to open a bug. If the problem is 'minor' in 11.4 and
fixed in 12.1, then there is predictably few chance to release a
maintenance update.. unless somebody steps up and actually DOES do the
work for this.

Dominique