[opensuse-project] Upstream Tracker, Weekly Report
  • From: N B Prashanth <nbprash.mit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 14:45:29 +0800
Hi,

Last week, I have managed to :

Implement a customURL class which supports two URL formats.

Normal URL with Regex
Two parameters separated by a pipe. In this case, the first parameter
is processed and the links are retrieved. The second parameter (the
regex) is applied to the links obtained.

Fixed a few bugs in the system both on the Rails frontend and Python Backend.
Implemented very basic threading to process only X records for every Y
seconds. The values of X and Y can be chosen by the user. This helps
spreading the load evenly on the system.
Written a blog post with the basic concepts of the project.
http://nbprashanth.wordpress.com/2012/07/30/the-upstream-tracker-project-2/.

I am currently working on implementing multithreading on to the system
to improve overall performance and speed of processing. Since custom
URL is also implemented to the system to an extent, I will be working
on DEHS import.

--
Regards,
N.B.Prashanth