Re: [opensuse-project] Re: UEFI situation
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 01:47:51PM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
On 06/25/2012 01:39 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
If we model this after the Fedora model, where the kernel is supposed to
be signed, then this will be hard to do.

In that model we will certainly not allow a random OBS kernel build to
be officially signed.

Agreed, but I would certainly want something upstream from the kernel
satisfy the signed requirement. Those of us that do kernel development need
to generate our own kernels.

For these purposes the secure mode of the UEFI x86 BIOS is supposed to
be disable-able.

Ciao, Marcs