[opensuse-project] Upstream Tracker Project - GSoC 2012 - Week 1 Report
  • From: N B Prashanth <nbprash.mit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 23:06:48 +0530
Hello!

This is my first week work report for the Upstream Tracker Project. I
have chosen to start my work by implementing the web interface first.
This is because, by having a functional web interface, we could start
crowd sourcing the data to proceed further. Also, the base work for
the python scripts are already in place.

Here is the list of things I have managed to do this week.

1. Created a rails application to manipulate records. Each record
consists of data required to obtain the latest version of an
application such as package name, method, URL etc.
2. Added support for XML and JSON Formats.
3. Added a page to view records which are erroneous after being processed.
4. Added color coding on main page to indicate record status. Red for
Error, Green for OK and None for not processed.
5. Added Basic validation for user input.
6. Wrote pycurl scripts to Add, Delete, Update and Show records.
7. Set up a home server to host the rails application for feedback and
testing. This can be found at nbprashanth.no-ip.org.

List of things planned for the upcoming week:

1. Evaluate logging requirements and implement a solution.
2. Update the records model in the rails app to include version
information after processing is complete.
3. Fill in gaps and test the rails app.

the code is hosted at :

1. https://github.com/nbprashanth/Upstream-Tracker-Rails
2. https://github.com/nbprashanth/Upstream-Tracker-Python