[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 23:19:53 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 20 May 2012 08:56:20 +1000, Helen South wrote:

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Jim Henderson
<hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 20 May 2012 07:51:58 +1000, Helen South wrote:

Feel free to use the wiki I set up on my server here if the openSUSE
wiki is slowing you down.  Both are MediaWiki, so moving info back and
forth will be trivial, and I'm happy to do the legwork on that if
necessary.

Thanks Jim, that is a possible option - but I think in the interests of
transparency and participation, using the more publicly accessible tool
would probably be a good thing. I already have a Novell login so I have
access. The main thing is the initial namespace/url - a Wiki person
needs to approve that. From my point of view it's not too critical
since it's a workspace rather than user-facing documentation,
ideally it should reflect the overall purpose (planning/workspace) and
focus (bugzilla).

If you like, email me off-list login information and if there isn't an
openSUSE page when I'm ready to do some work thisevening, I'll make a
start there instead. (it's early AM in Oz as I write.)

It's actually set up so anyone can create an account - it's not wrapped
in SSL (there's a note to that effect), so transparency isn't an issue.
I just don't want us to get bogged down trying to work out the QA page
issue and whatnot in the official wiki and lose some momentum - if we can
get that resolved quickly, then that's great.

I've got a very basic structure in place (basically a link to a single
page for this project). The wiki is otherwise completely empty apart
from a few templates.

The URL is http://hendersj.dyndns.org/wiki

By the way, I'm just diving in feet first as always, so please feel free
to offer guidance or correction as needed :)

That's great. :) I'm just heading out to grab some dinner with a friend
who's in town on business, when I get back I'll see what else I need to
do at this point.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson