Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
On 05/19/2012 04:08 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2012 16:06:39 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

For each component in bugzilla (and this is configurable per
product/version), we have a default assignee. This is in many cases
bnc-team-screening - and some guys in China handle these and assign it
forward.

Anybody can look at bugs assigned to bnc-team-screening and triaging
them.

There are also other default assignees.

In each case, the default assignees look at the bug and triage - and
then assign to the maintainer of the package (or solve the bug
themselves).

We for sure could need more people to do the initial screening.

Do we have any documentation with guidelines/instructions for how people
can get involved in the initial screening?

If we need some help with this screening, what we should probably do is
put together a set of desired skills for doing this screening, some
guidelines on how to do it, and then make announcements in appropriate
venues asking for volunteers to help out.

I don't know that the average user of openSUSE knows how to get involved
in doing something like this.

We had some bug days where triage was done and for those some documentation was written. I don't know where that documentation is, I suggest you search for the latest bug days...

We have got to have something like this already - it's not exactly new
stuff. Maybe in the support data base?

Btw. have you seen the documentation on bugs.opensuse.org?

I haven't, but I'll take a look at it - looks like it redirects to the
wiki.

Yes, sure ;) It points to the information that we have about bugreporting which is at
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

If you really want to enhance this, let's meet on IRC next week (just ping me on opensuse-project) and let's discuss any questions you have and I'll help with answering...

Andreas