Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:17:59 +1000
We for sure could need more people to do the initial screening.

Do we have any documentation with guidelines/instructions for how people
can get involved in the initial screening?

If we need some help with this screening, what we should probably do is
put together a set of desired skills for doing this screening, some
guidelines on how to do it, and then make announcements in appropriate
venues asking for volunteers to help out.

Part of the reason that I was thinking of using the forum for initial
Newbie bug screening is that people are already there and involved;
and/or, using a nicer front-end to Bugzilla - getting more people
involved is always a huge problem. The trick is to find those that are
hovering about, not sure how to contribute or already quite talkative
on the forum, and just give them a little sideways nudge into Bugzilla
stuff.

Having said that, the biggest issue is with the initial release when
it needs to be 'all hands on deck'  and an invitation to a temporary
bug-squashing event, facilitated by this type of documentation, might
work well to help mobilize people.

I really need a place to start gathering information off list, so we
can look at the information we have and not be going off on tangents.
Even a piratepad would do, or do you have a wiki page I can start
adding material to?
--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx