[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 02:08:08 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 18 May 2012 16:06:39 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

For each component in bugzilla (and this is configurable per
product/version), we have a default assignee. This is in many cases
bnc-team-screening - and some guys in China handle these and assign it
forward.

Anybody can look at bugs assigned to bnc-team-screening and triaging
them.

There are also other default assignees.

In each case, the default assignees look at the bug and triage - and
then assign to the maintainer of the package (or solve the bug
themselves).

We for sure could need more people to do the initial screening.

Do we have any documentation with guidelines/instructions for how people
can get involved in the initial screening?

If we need some help with this screening, what we should probably do is
put together a set of desired skills for doing this screening, some
guidelines on how to do it, and then make announcements in appropriate
venues asking for volunteers to help out.

I don't know that the average user of openSUSE knows how to get involved
in doing something like this.

We have got to have something like this already - it's not exactly new
stuff. Maybe in the support data base?

Btw. have you seen the documentation on bugs.opensuse.org?

I haven't, but I'll take a look at it - looks like it redirects to the
wiki.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson