Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Does the project have a publicly accessible project management tool?
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 07:52:50 +1000
But as this bugzilla project kicks off, I need /something/ that can help
keep track of things because there are going to be a few moving parts to
the success of the project, and if there's one thing I've learned about
project management over the years, it's that if you don't track what's
going on in the project, you'll fail before you even start.

And I don't want to set a project like this up to fail before it even
gets off the ground. :)

Jim
--
 Jim Henderson

Perhaps on a more mundane level than project management, a simple
workspace for collaborative text would be very useful. We had been
talking about our own PiratePad/EtherPad instance - someone did have
one going, though there were some issues with access (I guess these
things have to be administered = more work). I have yet to find
anything more convenient than PiratePad for throwing together ideas
together and collaborating. Its downside is security, it's out there
in a very open cloud space.

I've noticed a few people using GoogleDocs also.

As an intermediate solution, would you be able to use a management
tool of your choice to maintain your own overview, importing/exporting
information/lists/calendars to Google Docs?

--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx