Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 11:19:00 +0200 (CEST)

On 2012-05-16 14:11, Vincent Untz wrote:
c) reporters tend to not go back to their bugs to close them when
they're fixed/obsolete.

No, I don't close my bugs because I expect an answer.

Even after they've been fixed and confirmed to be fixed?

I understand that it is the bug owner who has to close them, not the reporter.

That's what Vincent's talking about - reporters don't tend to flag a bug
as closed after it's fixed - the bug is marked fixed and that's the end
of it.

It is never the procedure as was explained to me years ago, nor as I have seen similar procedures in the enterprise. The reporter simply accepts or rejects the closure (by reopening).

But Bugzilla workflow includes a bug being flagged as fixed, the reporter
verifies that it's fixed, and the bug is then closed.

But not by the reporter! If this has changed, I don't know about that. And the same I don't know about that, many reporters do not know that, and do not expect that.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)