[opensuse-project] Re: Does the project have a publicly accessible project management tool?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 01:07:31 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 19:34:15 -0500, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

I believe that's the same people Roger's been talking to. I gather
they're interested in helping out. But I think ultimately what could
make it move forward is if they simply help out by actually implementing
an openSUSE Vibe instance and co-administrating it with us, thus we get
some expertise and they get some free advertising for their product.

Yep. And now you mention it, I may (or may not) have been involved in
getting Roger in touch with Tracy (the PM) at some point.

I believe the knowledge gap is one of the big problems here. Not many
people in FOSS have heard of Kablink and it would be beneficial for the
Kablink/Vibe guys to have a large public instance. They'll definitely
get something out of it (provided the community likes the tool once it's
implemented.)

I was up on the Kablink site a few days ago, and it seemed like there
wasn't much new up there. I know Vibe is going strong, though, and it's
possible some of the workflow stuff could come in handy for us at some
point (and that's only part of the paid product IIRC - it's one of the
differentiators).

I'll circle with Roger and see where that was at. Thanks!

Jim

--
Jim Henderson