[opensuse-project] Re: Introducing the Freight Train
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 00:22:41 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 21:41:41 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

If we want to improve our communication (I mean the communication
between the people who care and contribute to the project), that is
definitely one thing we should become more conscious of, i.e. before we
start an argument, pause and think whether it isn't just a different
understanding or background. Not that easy to do though :)

Not at all easy, no. Especially not when most people remain in their
own countries most of their lives and rarely even encounter another
nationality. I think it's just something we have to live with, TBH.

Hmmm, I'd observe that on this list and in the openSUSE community, we're
having those encounters on a daily basis. The question is whether we
(collectively and as individuals) can learn to understand those
differences in a purely (or mostly) written medium.

Over the years, I've made some fantastic (and lifelong) friends in online
venues. But perhaps I'm "weird" compared to the norm. :)

Jim
--
Jim Henderson