Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:20:53 -0500
On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 00:14 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
Well, yes, but in terms of overall users (rather than individual
experiences), I think there's benefit to (a) having things
documented,
and (b) providing those short snippets for those who learn that way.

People learn in different ways - myself, I'm far more kinesthetic
(hands-
on) in learning that those who can read something and get it. But I
also
have no problem just diving in in most cases and starting to do
rather
than wanting to be told what/how to do something so I don't break it.

The point isn't whether we should or shouldn't include such materials
(however that training material is going to be delivered.) The point is
to ensure we realize that there has to be a balance between having such
materials and making interfaces reasonably intuitive enough.

The interface really should be somthing that is intuitive enough that
people can get a reasonable start and if they want to know more, can be
pointed to detailed documentation and training materials.

Bryen