[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 00:01:40 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 17 May 2012 01:40:05 +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012 schrieb Jim Henderson:
I wonder if there's any way we can get a sense out of the resolved bugs
how many of them were configuration or user education issues rather
than bona fide bugs?

The number of FIXED bugs in relation to the number of bugs with other
resolutions is a good measurement IMHO.

Good thought - I've been interspersing this discussion with "day job"
work, so hadn't gotten into the resolution states yet. NORESPONSE is
probably one that doesn't make sense to classify as config/user ed issue,
but most of the others others probably are.

I used bugzilla reporting to generate an overview of bugs by resolution
for various openSUSE versions: http://bit.ly/KzuDVL
[...]

Outstanding data analysis - that's extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Jim

--
Jim Henderson