[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 00:03:36 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 21:14:51 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

So there is clearly value in that interaction with others before
logging a bug.

Most definitely - and we already do that in the fora and on the mailing
lists. Quite well too, I think.

Overall, yes - but I think we might do better in promoting that idea to
new users - again I'm thinking about the landing page.

I wonder if there's any way we can get a sense out of the resolved bugs
how many of them were configuration or user education issues rather
than bona fide bugs?

In theory bona fide bugs should lead to updates, which would mean the
report having been assigned with NEEDINFO to
maintenance@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Cool.

Seems like in addition to the existing discussion, we need to start
documenting what we do today. We can then identify the gap between what
we do and what we should be doing, and plan how to get from one place to
the other.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson