[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 23:56:58 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 21:47:15 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Jim Henderson wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2012 20:38:39 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Jim Henderson wrote:

But I don't think it's as simple as telling the reporter "try the
version in factory" because I /think/ it's possible that pulling a
single package in from factory might well cause additional
libraries/dependencies to be brought in as well that /may/ break
other things (true statement? Can someone confirm?)

We should most certainly not be recommending or using Factory to users
as a part of resolving a bug.

No, but if it's fixed in factory, then the question becomes about
backporting the fix and/or properly identifying that it has been fixed
in factory.

If it's confirmed fixed in Factory, we assign the bug to
maintenance@xxxxxxxxxxxx with NEEDINFO - I
don't know who determines the need for an update, but that is the
process.

That's good to know.

Jim

--