Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012 schrieb Per Jessen:
If it's confirmed fixed in Factory, we assign the bug to
maintenance@xxxxxxxxxxxx with NEEDINFO -

I don't know who determines the need for an update,

I could answer "the package maintainer", and that's correct in most
cases because he/she has to do the work.

For major security issues, the security team will "force-decide" ;-) to
release an update, but they still rely on cooperation by the package
maintainer.

I don't think maintenance@xxxxxxxxxxxx gets lots of questions like "do
you think this is worth an update" (correct me if I'm wrong ;-)

They are often NEEDINFO'd when the update is already ready, and usually
they'll accept the updates - except if something in them is broken, QA
fails, or maybe if there's a big risk of breakage/regressions by fixing
a minor bug.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
[Unterschied zwischen "echten" MB (1024 kB) und "Marketing-MB" (1000 kB]
Wundert mich, daß Media Markt das noch nicht als Marktlücke entdeckt hat