[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 09:02:44 +1000
Forwarding the message I'd accidentally sent off-list. Hopefully it will
stay embedded in the correct thread.

In the light of what Jim says here - and others have said about the process,
too - perhaps it could be worthwhile to look at integrating FATE and
Bugzilla, but only if it doesn't come at the cost of becoming too complex to
manage.

The issue with the vast number of products making Bugzilla almost
unmanageable is an interesting  - and worrying - point, and even from the
user experience of having to navigate the selection options on the front
page, it's daunting.  Would it be possible to have a discrete instance of
Bugzilla purely for openSUSE/SUSE maintained separately to all the other
products?

How did the system cope when we had Bug Squashing Days?

cheers

Helen