[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:09:11 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 20:38:39 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Jim Henderson wrote:

But I don't think it's as simple as telling the reporter "try the
version in factory" because I /think/ it's possible that pulling a
single package in from factory might well cause additional
libraries/dependencies to be brought in as well that /may/ break other
things (true statement? Can someone confirm?)

We should most certainly not be recommending or using Factory to users
as a part of resolving a bug.

No, but if it's fixed in factory, then the question becomes about
backporting the fix and/or properly identifying that it has been fixed in
factory.

It's not a productive use of a developer's time to fix something that's
already been fixed. :)

Jim

--
Jim Henderson