Re: [opensuse-project] Re: bugzilla resolution "OBSOLETE"
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:58:01 +0200
On 2012-05-16 12:47:33 (-0500), Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 17:38 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
That's what I mean when I say I like the idea "in concept" - and I
think
we're essentially aligned, but we can debate the specific word in use
once we've got agreement that there's a need for a status that
conceptually identifies that possible lack of relevance to a current
release.

Out of curiosity, is there some sort of standards out there or a group
that sets up standards for bugzilla wordings? It would probably be
more useful to choose words that are common across all bug-reporting
systems.

No. There are certainly de facto standards as most bug tracking
systems share many status names. And there are a lot of other
bug tracking systems, luckily ^^

IMHO we should just put a little thought into the status names
to not sound rude when it shouldn't (WONTFIX is the perfect
example of something that sounds really rude ("go eff yourself",
kinda), at least to those who aren't used to bugzilla and the
processes, or understanding how the bugs are triaged and worked
on, which, afaics, is not all that transparent.

But as Jim wrote, let's not get stuck on details right now.

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser
/\\ http://opensuse.org -- we haz green