[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycl
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 17:40:00 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 12:53:31 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

"Couple of weeks" to respond before resolving is nuts. If it's already
more than year old, give it at least 6-8 weeks so that the reminders
don't get lost at the start of a holiday, maternity leave, busy final
weeks right before a GM cut, or other personal time or hardware
constraint.

Well, again, getting into the specific details at this stage is perhaps
premature. What we'll want to do is identify what'll handle, say, 80% of
the open issues that are affected, and use that as a guideline. Let's
keep it at a higher level for now and we can quibble over whether 2-3
weeks, 6-8 weeks, or another 12 months is appropriate. :)

There's no rule that says if we close a bug it can never be opened
again. The idea is to get things moving forward.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson