Re: [opensuse-project] Improving the bug management lifecycl
On 2012/05/16 16:18 (GMT) Jim Henderson composed:

On Wed, 16 May 2012 14:31:50 +0200, Guido Berhoerster wrote:

I think it would be appropriate to automaitically send a reminder to
those bugs against unsupported releases in NEEDINFO state asking people
to triage against a supported version of oS and then to close those not
receiving any response in a couple of weeks. That's better than simply
WONTFIX'ing in case there are still people that care about them. In fact
that is what I already do with bugs against my packages.

That's a very good idea (I assume you mean "asking people to test" rather
than "triage"). :)

"Couple of weeks" to respond before resolving is nuts. If it's already more than year old, give it at least 6-8 weeks so that the reminders don't get lost at the start of a holiday, maternity leave, busy final weeks right before a GM cut, or other personal time or hardware constraint.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/