Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:41:05 -0500
On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 16:18 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
Maybe we could organize a live online-session every couple of months
(just throwing ideas out here) for those who want to help with bug
squashing but aren't sure how they can. A live Q&A often times will
have
a less intimidating feel, because if discussion is encouraged by the
moderator/coordinator, a good discussion can occur that gets people
excited about helping out.

Good documentation and training is always helpful. But we can't
guarantee that people go to these places. We tell someone "File a
bug!" and point them to bugzilla.novell.com. They're faced with a
daunting interface right from the get-go.

And let's be honest. People don't want to read, read, read. They
encounter a problem and just want to report it and be done with it. So
our first step should be making bugzilla less daunting (if that's even
possible.) And again, some people have suggested in the past to do away
with bugzilla and start anew with either a dedicated openSUSE bugzilla
or some other bug tracking software.

I have a feeling that while we're addressing resolving existing reported
bugs, we probably have a wealth of unreported bugs out there simply
because people feel uncomfortable reporting them. :-)

Bryen