[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:14:13 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 14:23:34 +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:

This perhaps needs more education on how fixes can be pushed out via
online updates or tumbleweed.

Perhaps a separate project that comes out of this one is to more clearly
document our update policy and procedures. What's on the wiki now is
pretty good, but it seems that a lot of users don't go to the wiki (and
perhaps aren't even aware of it) and so don't know where to find this
information.

That might also be something that can be addressed in future releases by
having a landing page that includes a link to a FAQ that addresses update
policy questions and other similar questions that new users ask (I could
see if the forums staff could help pull something like this together from
the forums - we do tend towards the non-technical userbase over there;
and we could have someone who spends a lot of time on the user mailing
list help assemble a list of questions from there as well).

The FAQ should be short Q&A, and the answers should link to the fuller
answers on the respective wiki pages.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson