[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:01:34 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 11:02:58 +0200, jdd wrote:

Le 16/05/2012 05:04, Jim Henderson a écrit :

It seems that we have a few areas that we should be looking at:

You are right

I add a thing: do not ask everybody to report bugs for non factory
distribution if not major.

I just closed all my reports (30?), because after very few days I do not
even remember what they are about and often can't give any more info

I just closed as wontfix and "no time to work on this"

Per brings up a good point - "Major" is much in the eye of the beholder,
but also not everyone runs factory, but people do run into issues with
the released versions.

So one thing we may need to identify is a workflow that can accommodate a
way of testing the most recent code in factory to see if the reported bug
has been corrected.

But I don't think it's as simple as telling the reporter "try the version
in factory" because I /think/ it's possible that pulling a single package
in from factory might well cause additional libraries/dependencies to be
brought in as well that /may/ break other things (true statement? Can
someone confirm?)

Jim
--
Jim Henderson