Re: [opensuse-project] Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
Le mercredi 16 mai 2012, à 07:22 -0500, Bryen M Yunashko a écrit :
On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 14:11 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
I'd really love to have a OBSOLETE resolution, so we could just
mass-close those bugs with a comment saying "We believe this bug is
most
likely fixed in openSUSE 12.1 (or Factory). If you can still reproduce
the bug there, please reopen the bug and move it to openSUSE 12.1."
Alternatively, we can do a mass NEEDINFO-ing of all the bugs, and wait
few weeks before closing the bugs that didn't get a reply...

While I get the whole "Hey, its fixed in future release" thing, I think
some people find this offputting. Again, its an issue of understanding
the nature of how things work. We need a clearer explanation of why we
WONTFIX it now in the current release. Some people want the fix now
rather than feel forced to wait for the final release of next version.
Nor might they actually plan on upgrading with each new release.

Not saying I agree with their thinking, but I can see how they might
feel they're not being cared about if they're told "next release." Too
many people out there are still accustomed to the concept of Service
Packs to fix their current release.

And yes, I know we can't make everyone happy. :-)

I understand that too. But at this point it's really a choice between
status quo (bugzilla is a black hole for many bugs), and try to clean up
most of the old cruft so we can start fresh and attempt to avoid a
similar black hole in the future.

(To do a proper clean up, we'd also need to significantly reduce the
number of open 11.4 and 12.1 bugs, though...)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.