Re: [opensuse-project] Re: bugs that are against 11.1
On 05/15/2012 05:29 PM, Helen South wrote:
On the subject of training, perhaps a demo of how to check bugs one is
somehow involved in would be a way to do that. Or indeed even a standard
query being set up in bugzilla for that purpose (I have that one set up
for my own use and find it very useful).

Increasing that kind of engagement from the user base is important.

Jim
Yes and no. For some users, they just want to 'do the right thing' and
submit a bug, not have it turn into an ongoing issue.

The non-technical explanation is important; some users won't know
about the kernel series and a 'WONTFIX' comes across as disinterest.
"Thanks so much for reporting this bug. It hasn't been resolved in
11.x, but we hope that it may have been fixed in the process of
developing 12.x If you find this again when you upgrade to 12.x,
please file a new bug." .... something like that.

Put a human face on it.

cheers
Helen

I agree with Helen, I am sure that there are a lot of non-technical users who can definitively spot a bug but have a hard time explaining it and submitting it. The closer we are to their understanding of an issue with openSUSE, the more submissions we will see to make something better.

Andy (anditosan)