Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Introducing the Freight Train
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:38:38 +0200
Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 13:41 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
I have the feeling (not necessarily from your comments but from
others)
that people expect that this magically happens if they just win
"the feedback argument" with "the developers". I can make you a
promise today: It won't solve itself.

Also correct. I see this in the forums as well, users who complain
that
"no testing" has been done - but who don't realise that they /are/
potentially part of the testing team.

Just to throw something into the mix.

I totally agree. If you don't contribute to testing then you don't
have much right to complain.

Hmm, yes and no - there are presumably still many users out there for
whom openSUSE is just a tool. If it doesn't work, they'll get another
one. Complaining is also feedback, and it's a lot better than people
just voting with their feet.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.6°C)