[opensuse-project] Re: Introducing the Freight Train
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:47:32 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 15 May 2012 09:08:15 -0500, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:

And it makes me realize that there are potentially hundreds, if not
thousands, of testers/reporters out there who don't test/report simply
because of language barriers. And I've been tossing this around in my
head the last couple of weeks: "How do we break down that barrier?" and
truthfully... I can't come up with anything solid.

Agree that this is something that needs to be addressed, but I think
probably the way to approach this is to first address the broader issue
of process and roles, then move into more specific cases like how to work
with non-English speaking/writing contributors. This may be a place
where the forums can help, since we have non-English forums (and one of
our requirements is that the staff in those localised forums be able to
communicate with the rest of the staff in English), so that could be a
focal point for having those kinds of conversation.

But up front, the larger issue of helping people contribute, I think, is
the first area to address.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson