[opensuse-project] Re: Introducing the Freight Train
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 15:38:34 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 11 May 2012 08:20:01 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

and if those people in the openSUSE community are just clueless noobs
and death-by-bikeshedding trolls, right? (Yes, I'm being ironic.)

Unfortunately we have plenty of bikeshedding even on technical issues,
see the systemd discussion from last year, and I think we just have to
be more aggressive in trying to suppress it.

Yes, we do want more communication, but we only want the _right_ kind of
communication.

It's important, though, that the "right kind" not just be defined as
"everyone who agrees with me" or even "everyone who agrees with the
majority".

As a community, we say that we value diversity. For that to be true, we
have to not be seen to (or appear to - for the average viewer) reject
ideas based on who they come from or if they're unpopular - or even if
they're poorly expressed.

It's important to weigh ideas based on their merits.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson