Re: [opensuse-project] Introducing the Freight Train
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 20:03:07 +0200
On 2012-05-10 13:38:20 (+0200), Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/10/2012 11:12 AM, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
[...]
I think others have pointed out before that things are not always that
simple and not all packages are created equal and exist in a vacuum.

Right. That's why disrupting changes are discussed among maintainers on
fate, bugzilla and -factory. Of course cross-dependencies exist and of
course collaboration is a necessity for all of us!

Those facts don't change the way we organize: openSUSE is bottom up.
Nobody will tell you what to do, just do what you like and collaborate
with others. That's the basic principle of FOSS and that's how we work.

Sorry, there's a red herring in there: information about what is
being discussed where is very poor.

That creates quite a gap between the people who contribute to a
ton of things during a few spare hours, and those who have 8
hours per day to spend on it, sitting next door to the other 2
or 3 people they see as relevant on the topic.

No, it's not a cheap shot, it's normal behaviour, it's not a
harsh criticism, it's just that it happens, and we have to keep
that in mind. Oh, and work against it.

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser