Re: [opensuse-project] Introducing the Freight Train
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:58:45 +0200
On Tuesday 08 May 2012 11:04:32 Guido Berhoerster wrote:
* Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx> [2012-05-07 21:46]:
<snip>
But we have in 2011 more non-SUSE folks contributing - so if we
vote, the non-SUSE folks would win ;)

True, there is a large wider community, but then generally we
don't vote on technical matters or have a formal decision-making
process on technical matters like e.g. Fedora.

Well, we do, theoretically - if maintainers can't figure things out and the
release team can't call the shots and the board can't find a solution either
we do a project-wide vote.

But we do try to figure things out there where the work is being done first,
yes. And while people complain frequently, they rarely step up to do the
work for their preferred alternative so the choices are usually simple - go
with what the maintainers want, end of discussion ;-)
< Previous Next >