Re: [opensuse-project] download.opensuse.org IPV6 address breaks updates
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 13:56:40 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Tuesday, 2012-05-08 at 07:41 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

The answer is the same, in both cases I get the IPv6 address - and
my network is not IPv6 capable. I still do not see how using the
google dns can help me. I want an answer that does not include that
IPv6 address in the response, because if I get it, YaST tries it
when IPv4 fails. I need yast to fail when the IPv4 address fails.

Why does it make a difference? The problem remains the same whether
or not IPv6 is involved.

It does, I can not download from IPv6 addresses. I do not want IPv6
answers from DNS.

Well, I still don't see that it makes a difference. Wrt zypper, IPv6 is
tried when IPV4 isn't available. The end result is the same = no
download.

Anyway, it's not up to you to tell an application which addresses to
look up and how. If you really want to reject all DNS replies for a
AAAA query, maybe iptables can help.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.9°C)