Re: [opensuse-project] download.opensuse.org IPV6 address breaks updates
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 22:01:37 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

What I want, what we need, is that when I do:

I ask for IP for suchname
I get back IPv4-address

because the IPv6 address is removed from the list if I get it, so that
zypper can not try it, not knowing that it exists.

It doesn't matter - if an IPv4 address is returned by a DNS lookup, it
will be tried first. Only if it fails, will zypper try an IPv6 address
(if one was returned). You can work out the various combinations
yourself, but the result is the same regardless of which one.

Of course, if my ISP provided an IPv6 tunnel, would be better. No such
thing, to my knowledge.

You could just do it yourself.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.4°C)