Re: [opensuse-project] download.opensuse.org IPV6 address breaks updates
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 19:32:14 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-05-07 18:48, Per Jessen wrote:

It's not really an IPv6 problem, it's due to unavailability of the
IPv4 access. Explanation: IPv4 is tried first, when it fails IPv6
is tried, and when that fails, that is the error report you see.

How can we tell zypper and Yast NOT to use IPv6?

Because this time it is a network problem with the main download
server, but now and then people hit a mirror server which resolves as
IPv6 and thus fails.

We need something to tell the code that does the downloading in yast
and zypper to not even try IPv6 addresses. It is becoming a problem.

I have not experienced that at all, I guess it depends on which
mirrors you get redirected to. I'm surprised that we should have
IPv6-only mirrors, but I guess it's not entirely unreasonable.

Carlos, I've checked all the openSUSE mirrors from
http://mirrors.opensuse.org/list/all.html, and none of them are
IPv6-only.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.1°C)