Re: [opensuse-project] When is a mirror not a mirror?
On 03/05/12 00:39, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-05-02 16:23, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 02/05/12 23:59, Carlos E. R. wrote:
If one doesn't see exactly what is on the original "image" then what
you are looking at is not a mirror.
A mirror doesn't need to be a complete mirror to be named a mirror. The
mirror brain knows where to direct you to in order to download each files.

The one I mentioned in my country is a basic mirror. I use it quite a
lot, meaning, I get redirected to it often.

Then it is not a mirror but simply a place which contains some copies of the files held at the original source of the files.

What the "Mirror Brain" (surely a misnomer? :-) - if it were really a "Brain" then it would have taken me to the Belgian site, or some other site, for my KDE 4.8.2 upgrade) does does not justify calling some site a "mirror".

Two different concepts.

BC