[opensuse-project] Re: When is a mirror not a mirror?
On Wed, 02 May 2012 23:27:52 +1000
Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/05/12 23:19, Malcolm wrote:

[....]

Hi
Not all mirrors carry All the repositories, if you look at the list
here it explains which mirror carries what repositories;

http://mirrors.opensuse.org/

openSUSE 12.1
openSUSE 11.4
openSUSE Build Service
openSUSE Factory
All products (large table)

Maybe you should ask your ISP to add the repo's you commonly use?

As I stated, I have written to them about the 'problem' several times
- without a successful result.

In any case I don't think that it is up to me to get this sorted out.

There obviously is an arrangement between iinet and openSUSE
concering this mirroring thingie so it is really up to openSUSE to
discuss and settle the situation with iinet.

BC

AFAIK it's a 'pull' service not a 'push' service. Normally you ask
openSUSE to become a public mirror, not the other way;
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mirror_infrastructure

Suggest you try an email to hostmaster{at}iinet{dot}com{dot}au

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) Kernel 3.1.10-1.9-desktop