Re: [opensuse-project] bad news: download.opensuse.org lost its filesystem
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:31:49 +0200
On Monday 30 Apr 2012 11:02:08 Stephan Kulow wrote:
We face at the moment a rather critical problem - in
download.opensuse.org's RAID 2 discs died at the same time,
which means we can't restore the filesystem at all.

Most stuff is copied somewhere else, but restoring it from
scratch can take easily a day - we're talking about several TB.

For now I redirect download.o.o to widehat.opensuse.org, which
won't be able to hold the load for long - but it's better than
spitting errors.

Any updates today? openSUSE without download.opensuse.org repos is like back
in the 7.2 days where we had to wait for a new distro release to get updated
packages.

(It's a holiday here today so I have my regular user hat on)

Will
--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)