Re: [opensuse-project] [boosters] WIP: openSUSE Firefox Start Page
Am 31.10.2011 10:09, schrieb C:
Mmmm yah, I don't like the "in your Box!" text either.

Why? Well, it's a phrase that could be "misinterpreted" by some
people. I spend a lot of time in my day-to-day job trying to make
sure that text in software interfaces has as little accidental slang
as possible.. you know where a word or phrase is entirely innocent in
one dialect, but makes the immature among us snicker when coming at it
from another dialect, or even worse, in another language (
http://www.i18nguy.com/translations.html a bit over the top compared
to this, but it still illustrates the point well ). This phrase would
probably fail that test.

Me too, I prefer using "Have a lot of fun" or "openSUSE - Linux for open minds" (see my signature).

Anyway....

I guess we┬┤re starting a bikeshed[1] here, so we might just leave the initial creators alone to find a solution? I guess that they know best :-)

kind regards,
--kdl

[1] http://blog.jospoortvliet.com/2011/09/bikeshedding-and-cls.html

--
-o) Kim Leyendecker
/\\ openSUSE Ambassador, openSUSE Wiki Team DE