[opensuse-project] Re: Growing some openSUSE ARMs
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 03:05:44PM +0100, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
We are going to be targeting ARMv7 nothing older I'm afraid this means
CORTEX-A8 and above (looking at A9 primarily and then the new A15 when
it's available), it gets too messy otherwise and it is already messy
enough.If you have knowledge and experience, please help out. If you
don't take part you have no justification to complain - you've got to be
in it to win it ;-)

I know we talked about this at the openSUSE conference, and I'm glad
that you are starting to kick this off, it's great.

But, what specific machine are you targeting this to run on to start
with? We need some kind of specific platform to aim for besides a
semi-vague processor level, in order to get a valid kernel and
tool-chain up and running. The kernel specifically is going to be a bit
difficult as each individual platform needs tweaks in order to have it
work properly due to the lack of discoverable busses (device-tree work
notwithstanding).

In other words, what box do I need to go buy in order to help make this
possible? :)

thanks,

greg k-h