RE: [opensuse-project] packaging rules
  • From: "Administrator" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:36:05 +0100
Meanwhile this discussion has also shown we have a problem with people
behaving what I can only call childish. Apologies to all for the
behavior of some here. Tomorrow we'll have a BOF at the conference to
discuss having some moderation on this list.

I don't think these things have to be brought to the openSUSE Board.
After all, if kids mis-behave, you don't go to the police, you give them
a (verbal) slap on the wrist. It's how they learn.

I would have thought that moderation on the list is overkill and penalises
the many well behaved people because of a few miscreants. These issues are
infrequent on the OS lists, and (usually) resolved in the discussion. Some
result in an apology or similar resolution, some result in silence on one
side or the other. A few result in tantrums and so to a higher arbiter.
The ones which result in silence are the most worrying ... we are, after
all, supposed to be a community.

David