RE: [opensuse-project] packaging rules
  • From: "Administrator" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 18:32:31 +0100
I am still waiting for an answer to my question about what would happen
if someone wanted to put software in Factory which helped people who
hold a view that the holocaust did not happen.

I understand that my question has no direct reference to "the bible" or
"informing Christians" (or whatever) but nevertheless I consider this to
be a legitimate question to be asked as part of this discussion.

I would personally classify it as a political text and it should not be
permitted. I think the only content which should be part of the OS
distribution is content directly related to the distribution and its
production, maintenance, distribution, promotion, use etc. If people choose
to add content to the package then that's their prerogative.

I think anything else is going to cause to repeatedly get into these
discussions, with the theologians / philosophers / nit-pickers interpreting
and reinterpreting the "rules".

It's amusing for a while, but wastes our time collectively (unless we want
to enjoy these debates).

David