Re: [opensuse-project] Religious and political views in packages
On 09/09/2011 06:49 PM, DenverD wrote:
On 09/09/2011 05:54 PM, Alin Marin Elena wrote:
this kind of answers the question

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_guidelines#Legal

I suspect some admin should reach for rdelete... as a breach of the
rules.

Content should not be offensive, discriminatory, or derogatory. If you
are not
sure if a piece of content is one of these things, it probably is.
Some examples of content which is permissable:

Some examples of content which are not permissible:

Religious texts

looks perfectly clear to me...case closed.

unless folks want to change the rule.

while discussing rule change, consider including (alongside SWORD) the "Qur'an For Linux" <http://zekr.org/>..

and, ponder those devs renaming and adopting a logo historically relevant like the Crusader’s sword <http://www.crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp>...(i doubt it but) maybe zekr.org will change to a more eye-catching Scimitar, Jambiya, or Boeing 7X7 ??

if the rule changes, would openSUSE have to allow the packages of other religions, major and minor?

what might the Satanist name theirs in factory (or education)..

--
dd