Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Religious and political views in packages
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 15:54:42 +0200
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 09:35 -0300, aledr wrote:
Is this thread what it meant to be?
Starting a discussion about not offending people with biased
religious views, taking neutral stance, but using words like 'bedtime
story', fairytales, imaginary beings, ... seems to be a frustrated
try that would be better to never happen.
I must say that It is a funny rationale, to not say tragic.

Welcome to the "open" world of the champions of
"tolerance" [ "tolerance" meaning "bigotry which is too high-minded to
recognize itself" ].

If this were a software package about Asatru would anyone care? I
really doubt it.

This is just another special-purpose software-package that isn't
installed by default; I can't bring myself to care about the text in
their package info so long as it isn't profane and doesn't directly
incite violence

I think Adam's got the right end of the stick here. Why don't we just
leave this particular can of worms until someone actually feels
offended?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.2°C)