[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] Religious and political views in packages
On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Joerg Schilling wrote:

Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx> wrote:

As of political - do we have to ban each package that contains the
FSF manifest (usually as part of their invariant section in their
GFDL docs?) ...

Your point of view may depend on the level of "independence" you like to
implement and what you like to tolerate. "cdrkit" is e.g. a _result_ of a
cruzade against a OSS projekt and thus it seems to be politically incorrect
support it by distributing it - independent of the level of neutrality you
like
to implement.

If your intention is "Laissez faire", then you may be OK with the FSF
manifest.

If you however like to express your independence by disallowing people to use
you to advertize for their religious ideas, the FSF manifest seems to be
inapropriate.

Yes, that's exactly what needs to be decided. I opt for "Laissez faire"
with some extra disambiguation text about openSUSEs stance towards
opinions presented via package content in a prominent place.

Richard.