[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] Religious and political views in packages
On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Sascha Peilicke wrote:

Hello everyone,

sr#81625 want's to add 'sword', a bible study tool to openSUSE:Factory. While
that is totally fine, the spec file %description contains stuff like:

+The SWORD Project is an effort to create an ever expanding software package
for
+research and study of God and His Word.

While I don't care much for that particular bedtime story, others may well be
offended by biased religious views (even more so if their's differing). Of
course, this may equally apply to policitcal views or offensive words.

As of political - do we have to ban each package that contains the
FSF manifest (usually as part of their invariant section in their
GFDL docs?) ...

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>