Re: [opensuse-project] oSConference: Theme & Program Planning
On 2011-04-29 Cornelius wrote:
On Thursday 28 April 2011 20:04:32 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
We had a big whiteboard at the entry last year where people could
schedule sessions ad-hoc. That's barcamp style, right? (I read the
wikipedia page [0] and it's not so different from unconference
style or BoFs) I very much like that way of working, however it
didn't work out that well. Well have to make it a bit more obvious
this time.

It didn't work well, because we were confused where to put the BoF
schedule and how people could become part of it. We first had it as
part of the conference program, then in the Wiki, and then on the
whiteboard, but didn't communicate clearly.

If we make clear from the beginning that this is unconference, people
are responsible for scheduling their sessions themselves, and we
have a clear definition of where the schedule is, we should be able
to make it less confusing and more effective this time.

I would suggest to not let the conference program committee deal with
the BoFs at all, let people schedule BoFs in the Wiki before the
conference, and move the schedule to a whiteboard at the venue, when
the event starts.

That's another way of dealing with this. What does the CfP committee
think? We'd only have to organize/plan the talks, keynotes and
workshops, the 'discussions' would be schedulable on the wiki, first
come, first serve.
< Previous Next >