Re: [opensuse-project] Looking forward to the openSUSE conference, respond with recommended topic areas

On 04/28/2011 01:13 PM, Alan Clark wrote:
Planning has begun for this years openSUSE conference. Though a date hasn't
been confirmed, there is still much to do and preparations that can be made.

We really want to include as many community members as possible in the
conference preparations, in leading the presentations and participating at the
event. At last weeks program committee meeting, it was determined that the
conference needs to build and strengthen our community as well as invite
collaboration with other people and projects. To best accomplish this it is
critical that the conference focus on topic areas that are of most interest to
you, and so we are asking for your input.

We, as the program committee, are reaching out to ask for your input to 2
questions:

1) What do you consider to be the top two or three current

A current topic from my point of view is, yes I know it is over hyped but I have to say it, Cloud. Also mobile devices and small screens (we still have some issues on Netbooks.

or upcoming topics,

In the current and upcoming topics overlap regions I would consider multitouch (touchpad and touch screen).

And now I have to stray off topic, well somewhat off topic. In order to attract new members to the community it would be nice to have an "openSUSE 101" track that covers project at a high level, teaches about packaging, the build service, etc. Basically, a getting started guide plus maybe some intermediate to advanced stuff.

My $0.02
Robert

Tech Lead
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx