Re: [opensuse-project] New questions for people of openSUSE
Am 29.04.2011 10:41, schrieb Thomas Hertweck:
I disagree. The "people of openSUSE" articles were the only articles out
of the openSUSE newsletter I've ever read in full in the past because it
was an interesting read about the people behind openSUSE. I think the
questionnaire in the past was good.

> Moreover, the current questions don't invite an interesting answer. If
> you ask "what is your favorite color" chances are you get "blue". In
> other words, a completely boring and uninteresting answer. If you ask
> "what is the coolest thinkg you ever did in openSUSE" you get a
> _personal story_, which is obviously a lot more interesting.
When I read the "people of openSUSE" article, I am not interested in "cool
things they did in openSUSE" - this will just lead to a long list of
boring stuff ("packaged 20 RPMs", etc) where everybody will try to squeeze
as much in as possible to show how important they are.

You´re right something like to show: I´m so cool, I´ve done so much things, I am your god!"

But on the other side, if Greg KH says, he´s the man behind Tumbleweed, a new user, who reads the article on news.o.o, will remember Greg for asking questions if there are ones.
If people are asked
to fill in such a questionnaire, I as a reader already know that they have
contributed in one way or another to openSUSE, I don't need all the
details at that point. When I read these articles and the answers, I am
more interested in learning something about the person, their professional
background, their motivation, and some funny personal preferences. This
tells me a lot more and helps me a lot better to understand some of their
points of view when it comes to openSUSE and decisions to be made.

Maybe for you as a project member. Not as a "greenhorn" who is comming new to openSUSE

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador / openSUSE Wiki Team DE
HAVE A LOT OF FUN!
http://www.opensuse.org | http://www.suse.de
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.