Re: [opensuse-project] Looking forward to the openSUSE conference, respond with recommended topic areas
2011/4/28 Alan Clark <aclark@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Planning has begun for this years openSUSE conference.  Though a date hasn't
been confirmed, there is still much to do and preparations that can be made.

We really want to include as many community members as possible in the
conference preparations, in leading the presentations and participating at
the event.   At last weeks program committee meeting, it was determined that
the conference needs to build and strengthen our community as well as invite
collaboration with other people and projects.  To best accomplish this it is
critical that the conference focus on topic areas that are of most interest
to you, and so we are asking for your input.

We, as the program committee, are reaching out to ask for your input to 2
questions:

1)  What do you consider to be the top two or three current or upcoming
topics, (e.g. in terms of technology major undertakings and tasks) that need
to be addressed soon, and where one or more sessions during the conference
could be helpful for collective brainstorming

If I understood right what you are saying I would say
-Organizing Communities
-Making and recruiting Contributors

2) To engender collaboration with the openSUSE.org project, who are the top
two or three people/projects from outside of openSUSE.org that should be
invited to the conference for close collaboration?

I would have said KDE people and Gnome people but those will be there
anyway ;-) so I am thinking a bit more outside the box and say to
bring people from smaller projects such as Enlightenment(E17)
and LXDE and see how we can work with them since extra light GUI's are
interesting and I had many conversations about them the last few
months, their development seems to attract some users and some
developers.

Also I would like to see Fedora/Debian/Ubuntu/Madriva(or Mageia) and
last but not least Slackware people.

That's it from me.

To join the preparations and to stay apprised of the latest plans, contribute
at: http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_Planning_2011

regards,
openSUSE Conference Program Committee

Kostas Koudaras